9170官方金沙|官方主頁

1. <output id="cgay6"><nav id="cgay6"><div id="cgay6"></div></nav></output>

<acronym id="cgay6"><label id="cgay6"><xmp id="cgay6"></xmp></label></acronym>
        2. <track id="cgay6"><ruby id="cgay6"></ruby></track>
          <td id="cgay6"><ruby id="cgay6"></ruby></td>
          <acronym id="cgay6"><label id="cgay6"><xmp id="cgay6"></xmp></label></acronym>

• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

What are you going to do when the election's called?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
          Oct 9, 1999
          Even though it's probably going to Biden, I don't think the election can be called until after all the recounts and legal maneuvers are complete. I just can't believe how close this election was. Wasn't expecting that. I think we're 30 days -/+ from having this settled. Would not be a bit surprised. Life goes on no matter who wins. As long as I can have confidence that all the votes were properly counted, I'll accept the results.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
          Even though it's probably going to Biden, I don't think the election can be called until after all the recounts and legal maneuvers are complete. I just can't believe how close this election was. Wasn't expecting that. I think we're 30 days -/+ from having this settled. Would not be a bit surprised. Life goes on no matter who wins. As long as I can have confidence that all the votes were properly counted, I'll accept the results.
          The margins in MI and WI were closer in 2016. The popular vote margin isn't close at all. It's a waste of time, money, and energy to go through recounts. They are not going to change anything more than a 0.01% margin.

The country needs to heal

MtnMan

Diamond Member
          Jul 27, 2004
          Assuming Biden reaches 270+, Trump will NEVER make the phone call to concede the election. Not after the EC casts their votes, not after the courts rule that the results stand, just fucking never. He just isn't man enough.

Reactions: SteveGrabowski

brycejones

Lifer
          Oct 18, 2005
          Assuming Biden reaches 270+, Trump will NEVER make the phone call to concede the election. Not after the EC casts their votes, not after the courts rule that the results stand, just fucking never. He just isn't man enough.
          I don't know if I want him publicly humiliated (because for him it would humiliating) by having to do the normal inaugural activities or take pleasure on him bailing on the whole thing and fleeing Washington acting like a child.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
          Oct 5, 2009
          I don't know if I want him publicly humiliated (because for him it would humiliating) by having to do the normal inaugural activities or take pleasure on him bailing on the whole thing and fleeing Washington acting like a child.
          I would love for him to hand off in January in a ceremony and then immediately have cuffs slapped on him by the state of New York.

Commodus

Diamond Member
          Oct 9, 2004
          Sadly, we know Trump would probably bail even if the virus disappeared overnight and he had no excuse not to come. His MO: he's the first to show up when he can take credit for winning (whether he deserved it or not), but disappears the moment he has to take responsibility for a failure or admit defeat.

woolfe9998

Lifer
          Apr 8, 2013
          It's pretty obvious.

He lies often. Not just little fibs; huge, glaringly obvious lies that are not only easily disproven (often with a quick Google search), but often cause real damage when people believe them. He parrots QAnon conspiracy junk. He makes even Nixon seem honest.

He's overtly corrupt. He abuses public offices (like the DOJ and USPS) for personal gain, and he even admits that what he's using them for. You know how he was impeached for trying to squeeze Ukraine for dirt on Biden? He acknowledged it. The only reason he wasn't convicted was because the Republican-held Senate covered his ass.

He panders to xenophobes and racists. He scapegoats entire cultures and foreigners as a whole. He also has an almost comic inability to condemn racism. When people found that Stephen Miller consorts with white supremacists, the Trump administration refused to fire him. He shifted law enforcement attention away from right-wing racist extremists despite them being the primary source of terrorism in the US. And then there's that softball question about condemning white supremacy at one debate — it was the easiest question on the planet, but he couldn't bring himself to say "I condemn white supremacy" until he was forced to afterward.

He rejects science. Human-made climate change is a well-documented thing with a broad scientific consensus, but Trump pretends it's not real. He's antagonistic with health experts who are just trying to save lives. Hell, this is the man who looked directly at a solar eclipse after being told not to. We should have political leaders who respect science and defer to experts in a given field.

Trump inherited a thriving economy from Obama. You can give Trump a bit of credit for not screwing things up pre-pandemic, but even then he added volatility to the market that didn't exist before. Also, low unemployment isn't the only factor. You need a higher quality of life and better opportunities. What good is low unemployment if you need to work two or even three jobs to avoid poverty, and never have a hope of affording college? Let's not forget that the Trump/GOP plan ultimately favors the rich, not the broader public.

On foreign policy, what progress there's been has been undermined by Trump in other areas. He loves authoritarians like Putin and Kim (both for economic opportunities and because he cherishes unquestioned rule). He goes soft on them when they have no intention of caving in. He weakens relationships with important allies outside of Israel. And those authoritarians not only know this weakness, but exploit it.

That Trump is also a petty, vindictive asshole on Twitter is just a tiny drop in a much larger bucket.
          Yeah, and that's just for starters.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
          Jun 23, 2004
          I don't understand the disdain for Trump.
          Do you think windmills cause cancer?

Trump is a !@#$ing moron.
          Where is our big beautiful healthcare that'll "take care of everyone"?
          He skipped his 2016 campaign promise and instead tried to offer the GOP's pile of crap and empty promises.
          All he ever does is lie and promise everyone everything.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

No Lifer
          Nov 11, 1999
          Do you think windmills cause cancer?

Trump is a !@#$ing moron.
          Where is our big beautiful healthcare that'll "take care of everyone"?
          He skipped his 2016 campaign promise and instead tried to offer the GOP's pile of crap and empty promises.
          All he ever does is lie and promise everyone everything.
          He is a mindfuck artist of the highest order, a whole different realm of intelligence.

Muse

Lifer
          Jul 11, 2001
          LOL, yeah, he did that. Stop lying to yourself, man. When he closed the borders the dems went ballistic. Try to open your brain and stop believing what the news wants you to believe.

Oh, and i forgot to mention that you need to put a huge amount of those deaths on the governors of the blue states in the north east who kept sending infected elderly back to nursing homes.
          Dude, more deaths and cases than anywhere in the world. Lack of testing, tracing, PPE, declaring the virus no worse than the flu and would disappear by April. Did you know that 40 countries stopped flights from China before we did? Did you know we let Americans in anyway and then didn't follow them up to see if they got sick? You blame the governors... Trump dismantled Obama's pandemic response system before the outbreak. Then he turned his back on the whole thing, still does. He inherited a recovered economy. The unemployment belied low wages and record workers holding down multiple jobs simultaneously. His tax cuts benefited his own class, the super wealthy. He trashed our global warming crisis strategies. The only country in the middle east that likes what he did is Israel. :rolleyes:

In reality Trump is Putin's Trojan horse, and the sad truth is 60,000,000+ Americans are none the wiser.

11/6 edit: 120,000 new covid-19 cases the last two days. A week ago we were flirting with 100,000/day. Trump says we're turning the corner. Lemmings, go off the cliff with him but I say NO THANKS!

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
          Jul 11, 2001
          Honestly the thing I'm most looking forward to is finally being able to turn on the news and not having to deal with absolutely insanity every day of the week.
          Yup, I think you can depend on that... IF Joe wins.

I'm planning on making a pizza Friday evening, if it's as good as the one I made yesterday (first in ~4 years), I'll be pleased.

Reactions: QueBert

Zorba

Diamond Member
          Oct 22, 1999
          I am going to post on Nextdoor that I am starting a Biden Victory Parade and drive up and down the streets of OKC honking and carrying on with all zero people that join me.

If Biden wins.

• Love
          • Haha
          Reactions: skyking and Muse

QueBert

Lifer
          Jan 6, 2002
          The record voter turn out was great to hear about. But I read that Trump's gotten about 6 million more votes than in 2016. So there are people who didn't vote for him 4 years ago, but saw what a bang up job he did. And decided "I'll think I'll go vote this time, and definitely for Trump" If he somehow wins this, I don't think I can be optimistic like you and accept the results. I'm bewildered that it might come down to a single state, and that state might be decided by a few thousand votes. Apparently, Trump wasn't as bad a president as I thought because he's very much still in this race, his cult followers have absolute dedication to him.

At this point I don't know what tricks he'll have up his sleeve as far as the recount and whatever other tactics. But I have a sick feeling in my stomach he might actually have people around him who can figure out a way to make the results say Trump. It sounds crazy to me even, but he seems to be really good at getting away with really bad shit. This speaks volumes about how much faith I've lost in our government.

question to anyone who knows, has there ever been a president who didn't welcome the new president in with open arms? Barack and Michelle did a pretty good job gracefully handing over the WH to Trump and his family. I'm pretty sure they would have rather not, just like Bush Jr would have rather not welcomed in Obama. But for the good of the country they put on a show for the American people. Even if it's just a few pictures and fake smiles when it's a change of party, for those few moments you see a Republican and Democrat on what looks like friendly terms. I know Trump's not gonna shake Biden's hand, wish him luck or give him any pointers. I'm wondering if any other president has basically stormed out with no interaction with the new president as they enter the WH for the 1st time.

Last edited:

dawp

Lifer
          Jul 2, 2005
          In reality Trump is Putin's Trojan horse, and the sad truth is 60,000,000+ Americans are none the wiser.
          and they're proud of the fact, such as Chryso is.

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
          Jan 26, 2000
          I don't understand the disdain for Trump. Pre covid we had a great economy, the lowest overall unemployment in 50 years, the lowest black unemployment ever, an improvement in the trade imbalance with China and 4 middle east peace deals. The man was doing work. People get this upset because he says mean things?
          Let me help. He's a man that is a Russian asset as demonstrated by the Senate Intelligence Committee Report Part V
          He committed felony fraud by setting up a charity, soliciting for it and then illegally taking from it. He had to pay a couple million in civil fines but as President he was immune from prosecution. That he committed the crime is beyond dispute as he admitted to the acts, 19 of them.

He persecutes all those he does not like. He has HIS AG who is NOT the people's attorney in reality to create fictions like Durham, to lie and say that Mueller vindicated Trump which is demonstrably false.

He has usurped the proper job of the DOJ to serve as his personal legal team in civil matters which do not involve the office.

He has charged our government for his profit, one case being 400k or so for the Secret Service to rent his own golf carts and there's much more.

He has attempted to thwart the intent of law and now seeks to end the election count like an absolute monarch with no Constitutional or legal basis grounded in demonstrable facts.

I got more.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
          Wrong. It can be called. Recounts where permitted can happen but Trump gets those where law permits. The results for Wisconson forbid a recount according to their law even though Trump rages.

Lawsuits? One gets struck down. Another one comes up, then another then another ad infinitum. No, the election can be certified and it is or Trump to convince the SCOTUS that he won, not for the people to have to wait for him to stop raving like a madman.

You really ought to check up on how the Constitution and law works.

eelw

Diamond Member
          Dec 4, 1999
          But what are you feelings on this “STOP THE VOTE!!!” protest. We obviously knew Trump would fight this tooth and nail. But it’s disgraceful these protests in front of election offices.

eelw

Diamond Member
          Dec 4, 1999
          Let me help. He's a man that is a Russian asset as demonstrated by the Senate Intelligence Committee Report
          He really isn’t an Russian asset. Asset is more someone who is actively working with the other entity. He’s a full blown puppet to Putin. He’s been unwittingly manipulated to do Putin’s bidding. Why Trumpard’s look up to such a gullible person, it’s because they themselves are just as gullible.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
          He really isn’t an Russian asset. Asset is more someone who is actively working with the other entity. He’s a full blown puppet to Putin. He’s been unwittingly manipulated to do Putin’s bidding. Why Trumpard’s look up to such a gullible person, it’s because they themselves are just as gullible.

I'm going with intel definitions. Because he's a puppet that makes him an asset. In the end it amounts to the same thing.

dawp

Lifer
          Jul 2, 2005
          He's a useful idiot, still an unintentional asset to Putin.

Muse

Lifer
          Jul 11, 2001
          Celebrate (in a muted way) or mourn the end of democracy in the USA. Hoping Joe prevails...

blackangst1

Lifer
          Feb 23, 2005
          Wrong. It can be called. Recounts where permitted can happen but Trump gets those where law permits. The results for Wisconson forbid a recount according to their law even though Trump rages.

Lawsuits? One gets struck down. Another one comes up, then another then another ad infinitum. No, the election can be certified and it is or Trump to convince the SCOTUS that he won, not for the people to have to wait for him to stop raving like a madman.

You really ought to check up on how the Constitution and law works.
          Wisconsin allows for recounts. https://ballotpedia.org/Recount_laws_in_Wisconsin

HomerJS

Lifer
          Feb 6, 2002
          Answer to OP, nothing besides breath a sigh of relief.

The United States shouldn't get credit for shit they are supposed to do....Chris Rock semi quote

hal2kilo

Lifer
          Feb 24, 2009
          Get an American Flag for my flag holder. For a change I will be proud to fly it. I was going to buy one anyway, and fly it upside down if Trump won.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

9170官方金沙